To ensure getting the maximum result out of your spray tan please follow these simple but effective steps:
Before your spray tan session
- Shower and exfoliate your skin before the spray tan (For best results exfoliate your skin 2-3 days consecutively prior to receiving your spray tan)
- Do not apply any moisturiser, deodorant or perfume before your spray tan session as these can interfere with the tanning solution on the skin.
- Bring dark G-string / swimwear to be spray tanned in, for men we suggest dark swim trunks or boxer shorts & bring loose dark clothing and flip flops with to wear afterwards.
- Preferably shave or wax 8 hours before the spray tan session.
- If it’s raining on the day of your spray tan appointment, please bring an umbrella with!
- Avoid water contact on skin within the 8 hours developing time, water contact stops the tanning process immediately and may result in an uneven / streaky tan.
- Do not rub or scratch your skin during the developing time, as this may cause streaks.
- Do not wear satin clothing or sleep in satin sheets before your first shower as satin fabric can promote
sweating, which may create streaks.
- If you are getting into a car with leather seats on a hot day it is recommended to sit on a towel as leather
- Have a shower after the 8 hours developing time has passed. Some excess bronzer will wash off during the
first shower, leaving you with the end result. It is recommended to wash with a ph. 5.5-balance
soap. Pat skin dry with a towel.
- Moisturise twice daily (or more) to maintain tan. The more moisturiser you apply the better your tan will
look and the longer your tan will last!
- Avoid using any moisturisers or products that contain Glycolic Alpha Hydroxy Acids and Sodium Laureth
Sulphate as these ingredients promote increased exfoliation and will accelerate the fading process of the
- Avoid long baths and chlorinated pools, as this will shorten the life of the tan.
- Apply sunscreen to prevent sunburn. Spray tans do not protect your skin against sunburn!
- Try to avoid shaving or waxing following your spray tan application, shaving can cause the tan to look
patchy. If you need to shave, use a fresh blade and shaving cream to avoid scratching the skin.
- After receiving your spray tan (approximately 6-11 days depending on your skin type and how you
maintain your tan) the tan will gradually start to fade. To help promote the exfoliation process at this stage and to encourage the spray tan to wear away more evenly, it is best to start exfoliating your skin gently in those areas that are fading to remove any build-up of the tanned dead skin cells that are loosely attached to the skin. Try to do this when your body is moist in the shower as to avoid scratching your tan and irritating your skin.